As You Like It (Dramatised)

Category: Books,Arts & Photography,Performing Arts,Theater

As You Like It (Dramatised) Details

Sir Lawrence Olivier and Elizabeth Bergner star in this full stage dramatization of Shakespeare's classic.

Reviews

Lately, I've been watching various televised versions of Hamlet, King Lear, Macbeth, and Richard III to avoid yet-another-detective murder mystery. All was well until I recently turned my attention to viewing some of Shakespeare's "comedies," most of which I have seen in the past, minus "As You Like It" which was more pastoral than comedic, and though it had the talent of of a young Helen Mirren, I found the plot was so contrived that the play struck me as stupid. I am not alone, apparently, as I found a review by Peter Beech in The Guardian entitled "Much Ado About Nothing Much" who also thinks less of Shakespeare than we thought we should. He was pioneering, yes indeed, and I am grateful for some truly shimmering lines. Nevertheless, to me, this play is seemingly pointless.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel